Be a part of our tomorrows!
Every donation will help us secure a new center for operations to help us continue developing our community programs and outreach.
Donations can be made through the donate button or via check sent to our PO box:
Positive Paws K9 Angels
PO Box 762
Stuarts Draft, VA 24477
All donations will be kept in a separate savings account that will not be used for anything until we are able to use it to obtain a location to operate out of.
Should PPK9A not be able to secure a new location and programs continued,
donors will be contacted to re-designate or return donated funds.
OPTIONS TO ACQUIRE A SPACE:
1) Try to raise funds to purchase the former location (or work with an investor). This location is already set up for our organization's operational needs, but is up for sale at $375,000. Many donors have already given thousands and thousands of dollars to improve the building and grounds, however the landlord is not showing interest in taking this into consideration nor offering monetary reimbursement to the non-profit.
2) Find a new building or location.
We can pay rent, but ideally would like to work on a purchase or lease to own situation.
WHAT WE NEED:
* outdoor green spaces for our dog yards
* a general agriculture zoning is best for us
* We would be interested in a lease to purchase, or if there is a non-profit donation of land or a building it would be a tax deduction, according to the IRS rules.
HELP US BUILD TOMORROW FOR PPK9A
The staff and board of PPK9A are asking for support from our community to help us build the next chapter of PPK9A.
We have so many dogs and families that have been involved in our Positive Paws K9 Angels 501(c)3 (not to be confused with positive paws k9training, LLC) programs for training and related activities. Several months ago our organization welcomed our new management team and our board was infused with several new enthusiastic and talented members. This group immediately got to work on how to make PPK9A even more integrated into the communities we serve and continue to build programs that maintain a high standard of service for the dogs and families.
Finding Our New Home
We need to find a new space we can lease or raise funds to purchase a new building. There is a possibility we could purchase the space we have been in and which we have (as the nonprofit) spent our time there investing in many upgrades to the original building, handling maintenance, putting in fencing and making the space a great place for the pups and hassle free for the landlord, but the price tag has been set as one we would need help to purchase and time is critical.
We are asking anyone who has any ideas or ability to help us reach out into the community, If you have any thoughts or questions, feel free to contact us. We are open to hearing any possibilities as we know how important our programs are to the families, staff and communities for which we are involved!